Thursday, May 26, 2011

Just a life lesson:

To be happy for yourself does not cause as much satisfaction as being happy for the people you love most. Today I learned just how true this is. My best friend made it into the top choir at our school and was ecstatic because she wanted it more than anything and had worked harder than anyone for it. When she heard the news we cried together we were so happy! I couldn't have imagined I could ever feel so happy for someone else but standing there hugging her was one of the best feelings I've ever had. I realized that being happy for myself making it into the choir would not come anywhere to close to how good it felt to rejoice with her in her success. In that moment when she made it I could have chosen to be jealous but instead I turned myself around and looked at things from the purest way possible. I love her, she is happy, therefore, I am happy! Envy is an ugly thing and creates such unrest in people. It's high time that we all start being thankful for the things we have and support the things that others have because that is truly beautiful! Not everyone can be good at everything, it has been a profound part of my year to realize and accept this and since I have I have come a long way. It is such a release to be okay with what you have and to shine with what your given. Above all, it is important to be at peace with yourself. Being happy for my best friend today gave me the inner peace I have been craving. Next time you have a choice between rejoicing or being jealous and sorry for yourself: take the high road and rejoice! It will pay off later, I promise you!

xoxo, love always,
Blakely Jane Chance

No comments:

Post a Comment